I thought this was a very touching story. I could feel Poppa's pain as we discover that his good friend, Stewart, died in the war. Poppa and the boy have a very special relationship. I wish I could have known my grandfathers.
I found this story to be very moving. It reminded me of stories that my father used to tell about wishing he could have been a soldier. He remembers being turned away because he was too young. Poppa certainly was brave as a lion.
I thought this was a very touching story. I could feel Poppa's pain as we discover that his good friend, Stewart, died in the war. Poppa and the boy have a very special relationship. I wish I could have known my grandfathers.
ReplyDeleteMs. Craig
I found this story to be very moving. It reminded me of stories that my father used to tell about wishing he could have been a soldier. He remembers being turned away because he was too young. Poppa certainly was brave as a lion.
ReplyDeleteI liked this book because of the poppies because the colours.
ReplyDeletepiper
I did not like this book because I thought it was boring. By Sara
ReplyDeleteI like the book because I like the illustrations.
ReplyDeleteBy:Hanna the GYMNAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thoght this book was boring as well Sara
ReplyDeleteBORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletejust love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis book reminds me of one of my favourite animal.It is a peacock.
ReplyDeleteBy:Hanna the GYMNAST!!!